Foods that contain potassium also helps lower blood pressure and keep the heart rhythm steady.
Every day, we are advised to consume 4,700 milligrams of potassium. That number could we insufficient of vegetables, legumes , and fruit .
Some food items that are high in potassium include:
– Potatoes, in sizes medium containing 926 mg.
– Sweet potatoes, in medium-size to contain 540 mg.
– Spinach, half a cup of spinach contains 290 mg.
– Tomatoes, half a cup of fresh tomatoes containing 210 mg.
– Soybeans, half cup contains 440 mg.
– Almonds, one-third cup contains 310 mg.
– Bananas, a medium-size fruit contains 420 mg.
– Orange, one medium-size fruit contains 237 mg.